Responsible for overseeing and developing the Clinical department including hiring, supervision, evaluation and scheduling. Develop, plan and implement strategies for program continuation and growth. Provide clinical training to clinical staff and interns. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success. This position provides both clinical and personnel supervision of the clinical staff. Must have the ability to solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall leadership of the clinical department in the development and implementation of short and long range plans and policies and other activities.
- Financial oversight of the Clinical Department, including the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Strategic ownership of the clinical department’s annual goals.
- Preparation and presentation of clinical training, residential training and industry knowledge at conferences.
- Supervision of clinicians, recreational therapists and managers of the clinical and nursing department.
- Internally and externally promotion of the Mission Statement and Vision of the organization.
- Ensure the compliance of appropriate standards for external oversight agencies.
- Communicate and meet with clients and referrals as needed.
- Knowledge of legal issues and the actions that need to be taken to ensure longevity of the company.
- Work cross functionally to supervise the creation and adjustment of master treatment plans for each student.
- Along with the Treatment Team, oversee the clinical treatment of each student.
- Work with the Nursing Manager regarding the medical treatment of each student.
- Ensure quality of individual, group and family counseling/therapy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DSM-IV TR disorders and other pertinent issues facing students and their families.
- Subject matter expertise in the pertinent clinical terminology, and multiple therapeutic interventions and techniques.
- Proven knowledge of the laws regarding documentation, reporting, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Values Program and level restrictions and requirements.
- Ability to see and track visual/nonverbal cues with consumers and employees.
- Demonstrated capability to g of clients and employees close in therapeutic and management activities.
- Registered and licensed counselor able to supervise counseling interns.
- Five years experience in social service or related field, working with high risk youth ages 12 – 18.
- Skill in communicating concepts and expectations, and in teaching techniques.
Education and Experience: The position requires state licensure that authorizes the practice of psychotherapy, LCSW, LMFT, PHD, or LPC. The position requires a Master’s or PHD in a qualifying area of study. Must have 4 to 10 years of training or experience.
Working conditions: Normal conditions of a typical residence with the absence of disagreeable elements. The position frequently requires staff to supervise and participate with the students in the community and in performing and/or leading recreational activities.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.